TILA consortium partners met yesterday (19th 0f September) in OpenSim to discuss issues related to the organisation of the pilots on telecollaboration that will be carried out among peers from secondary schools from November 2013 to January 2014. There was a rich initial exchange of points of view on the kinds of tasks to be developed, the intercultural topics to be used, adequacy and affordances of different tools, the quantity of sessions to be organised, whether the target language should be used as lingua franca or in a tandem setting; we discussed the challenges of organising synchronous collaboration making use of tools such as Big Blue Button or Open Simulator and the need to develop new scenarios for the realization of tasks. We will be studying how the different communication contexts (f2f in the classroom, asynchronous and synchronous communication) might blend and enrich the language courses in TILA. This was the initial step in a creative pedagogical and research process.
- New clothing and Fursuits in the TILA virtual world
- Exciting new TILA collaboration between France and Spain
- Observations and Reflections from a TILA Workshop with Foreign Language Teachers and Teacher Educators in Germany
- Telecollaboration, intercultural communication and foreign language learning
- TILA presentation (in German) accepted for ExpoLingua Berlin, 21-22 Nov 2014